love the update, but you may need to set a new dev highscore now. I went from "rounding error faster than you" to 9 seconds faster.
JumpSpeed is an FPS Racing game with movement reminiscent of Mirror's Edge or Quake and time trial à la TrackMania. Your goal is to beat each track as fast as you can, possibly earning all the golden medals and beating the developer's score.
Please play the download version if you have any issues with the Web build :)
WASD to move
LEFT-CLICK to shoot
SPACE to jump
R to restart
ESCAPE to toggle fullscreen (desktop version)
Track List / Medals:
0. Tutorial Track ( / )
1. Enlivened Boards (Gold: 9sec | Silver: 13sec)
2. Lavender Box (Gold: 8sec | Silver: 13sec)
3. Loop Through (Gold: 6sec | Silver: 9sec)
4. Recondite Jungle (Gold: 10sec | Silver: 20sec)
5. Venerable Blues (Gold: 10sec | Silver: 14sec)
6. Silicon Sky (Gold: 8sec | Silver: 13sec)
- "Jumping consecutively increases your speed drastically. Each jump makes you go faster!"
- "Walking diagonally before jumping makes you go faster than just normal jumping"
- "Try to hit all targets! Each target hit subtracts one second from your time"
- "Press W to move forward. This will make you move faster"
- "Walking over conveyors will increase your speed"
- "Press F to restart the current track"
- "Jump pads are a great way to increase your speed and height"
This is a solo developer project. The game was developed for the 10th ScoreSpace Jam in ~40 hours. All assets were created during the jam with the following exceptions:
- Font: Xolonium https://www.dafont.com/de/xolonium.font (OFL)
- Sound effects https://freesound.org/ (CC0)
- Textures https://cc0textures.com/ (CC0)
Note from 10/27 : Fixed a game-breaking bug in accordance with the jam's host
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I'm working on quite a few more changes. So stay tuned for that. My best time in current version is 32 seconds. Haven't given it a proper try though. What's your current best? :)
38.58345, but my competitive spirit has awakened.
That's good to hear :) I've also added "rocketjumps" in the current web build. Try to look down on the floor and shoot. In that build my best time was 26 seconds :) I'm also implementing an online leaderboard as soon as possible
honestly very fun for how simple it is. i could see myself spending hours at a time on this game and might even pay for it on steam. the only thing i dont like is.. oh there isnt anything. you should add power upps though.